If you’re like me and know a mountain biker, I think you’ll appreciate this. I think of something from this video everyday and it makes me laugh, so I thought it would be a good way to make your Tuesday a little more amusing.
So today’s installment of Food Truck Friday is a little closer to home for me in Southern New England, and comes courtesy of my friend who frequents food trucks near her place of work.
If you’re around Providence, RI, stop by Paco’s Tacos, owned by Frank Mapes, for fresh Southern California Mexican for lunch or even dinner! Find out where they’re at via Twitter @PTacosMobile or on Facebook.
The temperatures are dropping here in Massachusetts, and it’s officially time for comfort and cozy, people. Besides collecting new recipes for the fall, I also have a few standbys. Below are some of the dishes and desserts I turn to when I want something familiar and tasty. Just click on the names to go to the recipes. You can also follow my scrumptious Pinterest board where I pin recipes new and old.
Banana Bread (lower cal)
Peanut Butter Banana Bread (lower cal)
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies (lower cal)
Just a few weeks ago, as soon as I got up, I had to crank up the A/C. This morning, I had to blast the space heater. And that makes me sad. So I started thinking about all the good things about fall (not including winter following after). Maybe some of these are what you look forward to, or maybe you could add to it.
1. Beautiful trees. Just driving around my normal routes in October can be a stunning golden and orange display with some reds mixed in for good measure.
2. Fabulous clothes. (I’ve got a collection going of my favorites on my Pinterest.)
3. New TV shows. This year, I’m anxiously awaiting the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show. At least there will be something to do indoors once it gets cold.
4. Fresh baking recipes. I want to tackle bread. Never tried that before. I’ve got my dough hook and I’m ready to do this thing!
5. Nerd movies. We’ve got the next Thor movie, Catching Fire, and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug coming up. That makes me pretty okay with autumn.
6. Book series finales and continuations. I’ve been looking forward to the last Gallagher Girls’ book, the finale to the Divergent trilogy, and the next book in the Heroes of Olympus series for months! So I’ve declared October to be a month of reading.
7. Updated home decorations. It’s time to buy Indian corn and gourds. I love gourds.
8. One-pot dinners. They’re tasty and they last for at least two meals. Woohoo!
9. New writing projects. Besides Drive-Bye, I’ve got a couple other projects in the works that I’m pretty excited about.
10. Seasonal coffee flavors. Bring on the pumpkin spice and white chocolate, people!
11. Clear skies. September and October are actually two of the prettiest months here with the best weather in my opinion.
12. Nesting. Fall and spring are the two times of the year I actually don’t mind cleaning and organizing my swill. May as well go with it!